Help support your MeetupChip in
About Young At Heart Singles
We are a lively, active Tampa-based social group for singles age 55 and up. We get together for fun and friendship with a variety of indoor and outdoor events. This is not a dating club. We organize dinners, happy hours, dancing, movies, hikes, picnics, kayaking, and theater outings, to name a few activities. Our organizers are members who volunteer their time and energy to try to make fun happen for everyone. Members are encouraged to suggest ideas and places for new meetups.
· 55 and up.
· To join, post a recognizable photo of yourself, answer the profile questions and agree to the policies.
· Follow Policies.
The events are primarily in the Tampa area. Members who live farther away can offer to plan and host an event in their area where they are familiar with the opportunities. The organizers will help set it up.
At each event, we pass the hat for a $1 donation to help cover the costs of the web site, name tags, rentals for events, etc. Organizers, Hosts, and Helpers donate their time; they do not receive any compensation.
RSVP Policy: Please respond to a meetup initially only if you are responding YES. (Not necessary to respond NO.) However, please change your YES RSVP to a NO as soon as you find you cannot attend an event after all. This will help organizers plan for seating, managing wait lists, etc.
Appropriate Conduct Policy: All members are expected to conduct themselves appropriately within the positive, friendly spirit of the group - to members and staff at events or online. Pay your checks and tip staff fairly, etc. Events are not to be used for personal gain or advertising.
To remain an active member, please attend an event within 60 days of joining.
Helpful hints and thoughts to consider:
· The best time to mingle and meet many people at a dinner event is during the happy hour. Once you are seated for dinner, you will only be able to visit with the people seated closest to you. But feel free to move around and visit other tables once you’re done with your meal.
· Our dinner events are well attended and when there is so much lively conversation among so many lively, interesting people, it gets very noisy. If you are hoping for quiet conversations in subdued settings, watch for one of the smaller event opportunities.
· Consider suggesting ideas for meetups related to your own interests or hobbies. Whether it’s brunch, bowling, a concert, or a hike, new friends with similar interests are just waiting to join you.
· Positive feedback and good ideas are welcome and should be offered in the positive, friendly spirit of this group and with consideration for the volunteers who give their own time and energy to create fun for all of us. Negative comment is not useful or tolerated.