A hike followed by a campfire. Another group is doing this two weeks before and I really like the idea, so in typical copy-cat style, let's make this happen!
I've done this trail a bunch of times during the day, plus, the aforementioned night hike, so we shouldn't get TOO lost. As you've learned from Halloween movies, stick with the group. No going off on your own!
If you want to eat ahead of time with us, let's meet for Italian food at Cafe Panuzzos Italian Eatery at 5:30. I'd especially recommend this to new members so you're not hiking in the dark with strangers.
- A small flashlight
- Glostick, preferably as a necklace
- Bugspray (you can leave the sunscreen behind)
- Bottle of water
- Short sleeve work-out clothes. It's night time, but in Florida, so it should still be pretty warm
- A sweatshirt in case I'm wrong
- Maybe something to snack on
For the post-campfire:
- $3 camping fee. Not sure if this technically counts as camping, but it's the nice thing to do, since we're using their grounds
- Smores and/or grillables
- A log for the campfire, doesn't matter what size (if you can't get ahold of one, don't worry about it)
- A chair/blanket to sit on
We'll drop this off at a firepit toward the beginning, so no need to worry about dragging it with you the whole way. I'll bring a cooler full of ice that you're welcome to store your food in while we hike.