Ok folks the email has been sent out please check ur spam box. U have till wed to respond if no response then you will b bumped to wait list ..sorry to b so harsh but its not fair to everyone else if u dont show.. Habitat for Humanity, a volunteering organization that helps build houses for the ex-homeless, is holding a January 18th build just for our group. We'll find out exactly what we'll be working on a week prior (it'll be in or near Orlando), but typical chores include putting up drywall, painting, securing shingles, nailing support beams together, etc... in short, a home-improvement-fanatic's dream come true.
• Wear workout clothes that you don't mind getting schmutz on or holes in, closed-toed shoes (some of us are clumsy and we drop stuff), and bring a towel to lay on your car seat for the drive home.
• H4H will provide water and gatorade, but if you want Coke or something with more "pep", you're free to bring it with you. For the coffee-lovers, these events go hand-in-hand with caffeine.
• Lunch. You may want to pack a snack/meal for when you work up an appetite. I'll be bringing my trusty grill and some grillables. Bring whatever you want to throw on the grill, or if you're not picky, you're welcome to my stuff.
• You will need to fill out a volunteer waiver, either here or there.
• Bring gloves and safety glasses if you own them. If not, you can use theirs.
• I was told that if you arrive after 9:30, you won't get to build with us. Will they actually enforce that? There's only one way to find out.