The weather is finally cool. It's time to get our hike on! The particular loop we will do is about 5 or 6 miles. We'll meet at roughly where Barr St. and 426 cross, so if you go all the way to the dot on Google Maps, you've gone about half-a-block too far.
A few things to keep in mind:
- I recommend long pants and/or bug spray to fend off the mosquitoes. When I went recently, the situation was under control, but better safe than sorry.
- Even though the trail is pretty shady (as in cool, not creepy) bring sunscreen.
- Come hydrated and bring water. Better to overdo it than underdo it...
- ...bringing us to our next point. There are no bathrooms near the trail, so plan accordingly. That said, there are plenty of places to stop on the drive to the trail.
- Write down my phone number in case you have trouble with driving directions (407) 921-0775.
- $2 entry fee for the trail