This group is for people age 21-35 who love the outdoors and would use any excuse to spend time outside. Many of the similar groups on Meetup are for an older dynamic, and so I believe it is about time a group of this kind is started targeting our generation. Whether it be kayaking, hiking, camping, or just a simple cookout, we will most definitely make the best of what Orlando and its surrounding areas have to offer!
Note that this group has a 3-strikes-you're-out no-show policy. There's a handful of gotchas here:
- Since this decision was made pretty late, everything everyone’s done with the group prior to 1/20/2014 won’t be considered here. Starting fresh.
- I’m not going to kick out frequent fliers who happen to have 3 no-shows. To be exact, once you’ve been to 4 events, you’re safe. As mentioned above, nothing prior to 1/20/2014 will be considered here.
- Every once and a while, we have so many people some that we can't keep track of the no-shows. In these cases, attendance either way won't count toward the above.
- Unless you specifically asked, if you’ve been switched from a waiting list 24 hours or less prior to an event, you won’t be considered a no-show. You should still come, though.
- There’s been a small handful of events where I messed up, usually by giving an address that’s not GPS-friendly. Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson, but if this happens again, I of course won’t mark no-shows.
- For events with a come-and-go atmosphere, like festivals, people who don’t show up (or who the host isn’t aware was there) will not be marked as “no-show”.