Come socialize and enjoy a great movie at a wonderful open-air rooftop venue with a fantastic view of Manhattan!
This is a joint event with The Culture and Film Club, a group which features a variety of cultural events, including screenings of award-winning foreign and independent films. In addition, several other singles meetups have also been invited.
In the comedy/drama "Kikujiro" (Japanese title: "Kikujiro no Natsu", literally "Kikujiro's Summer"), the title character, an ill-mannered former gangster (played by director Takeshi Kitano) is forced to accompany 8-year old Masao (Yusuke Sekiguchi) on a trip to find the boy's long-lost mother. The unlikely pairing results in a child's journey of wonder, as they make their way out of the city and through the beautiful Japanese countryside, meeting colorful and sometimes dangerous characters along the way.
Director: Takeshi Kitano
Length: 105 minutes, Country: Japan, 1999
NOMINATED FOR THE PALM D'OR AT THE CANNES FILM FESTIVAL
In Japanese, with English subtitles.
Friday, July 26th, 2013
6.45 pm: Door opens. When you arrive at the venue, register in the lobby. Then take the elevator and press the "R" button. PLEASE DO NOT EXIT ON ANY OTHER FLOOR. After coming out on the rooftop, claim a seat, get your free drink, and mix and mingle!
8.00 pm: A brief intro to the movie
8.10 pm: Movie starts!
9.50 pm: Movie ends. Stay and continue meeting others!
10.10 pm: We will go and hit a nearby restaurant. Come join us for dinner or just a drink.
- Advance purchase is recommended. RSVP without payment does NOT reserve your seat.
- If not sold out, tickets will be available at the door on a strict first-come, first-served basis, regardless of RSVP. (Cash only, please.)
- All tickets include a coupon redeemable for one drink (beer, wine, soft drink, etc.)
- Please turn off your cell phone/beeper when the movie begins.
- Bringing your receipt for prepayment is helpful but not required. (At the door, there will be a list of names of those who paid online.)
See you there!
Milton & Nestor