So now that you have seen a little bit of who we are, this is a little bit of what we are about.
First and foremost, we are NOT a club, gang, organization, charter, association, society, guild, union or alliance. There no bylaws or officers. We are simply an informal group of people who enjoy riding together. There are $1 monthly dues to keep the Meet Up website.
All that being said, there are a few things that should be kept in mind when participating in our message boards and at our functions. The following is a brief list of things that we would like for our members to bear in mind.
1) Respect is #1. Respect to each other in the posts for everyone else's lifestyles and opinions. Also respect to each other while riding. This is also a safety concern, pay attention!
2) Safety is first and should be adhered to at all times. If you chose to ride 120 MPH, please do so on your own time. Additionally, we want fun rides and we do not plan rides that spend a lot of time on major highways such as 1-25 and I-70. We like the roads less traveled!
3) We plan our own rides with feedback from our own members, and these rides are meant to be fun. We will occasionally take part in the Poker Runs and the Benefit Runs such as the Breast Cancer Awareness Ride, but for the most part, we are a strictly for fun riding group and do not spend a lot of time seeking the for profit type rides.
4) We have various skill levels of riders - some have been riding for many years, some for months and some just started last week, so please be aware that we are not all iron-butt riding experts. ;-)
5) We are a VERY family oriented group! So feel free to bring the kiddos along anytime! They are always welcome! Same goes for the family dog, grandma, and Uncle Albert too! Just remember that you are responsible for them and their actions!
6) Remember that we are also friends here and as such, you WILL occasionally see the "social event" on our calendar such as the Halloween Parties, the Christmas Parties, the backyard BBQ's, bowling nights and yes, The Pub Crawls and the Comedy Club night's. The reason for these again is, yes, we are FRIENDS, and these are things that friends occasionally do together. You are not obligated to attend such functions, but they are sometimes fun and there are members that enjoy these types of events as well! So don't be surprised if you see these pop up on our calendar from time to time.
7) And finally, know your skill level, limitations, and always, ALWAYS come prepared to ride in whatever Mother Nature can throw at you in this awesome, but unpredictable state of ours! It is not unheard of to ride in weather from all four seasons in one single day!
So, that's it! Keep it Simple, Keep it Real, and Keep it Fun!
See you on the road... keep the rubber down!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Zebulon Cruisers||January 7, 2010 9:14 PM||anonymous|