addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Creative Freelancers & Entrepreneurs Networking Guild Message Board › Brainstorming & collaboration for "building out" the group.

Brainstorming & collaboration for "building out" the group.

stefan d.
dayofideas
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 38
Hey Ya'll just starting a thread here to get conversation going about how we might build out this group through 2012 - where people would like to see it go, random ideas, etc.
stefan d.
dayofideas
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 39
Right now, the basic goals are to have

1) A meet & greet evening event once a month.
For networking, sharing information, brainstorming, and possibly starting projects.

2) Eventually inviting guest presenters & having members of the group do small presentations to educate each other, get feedback, and learn about supporting services that can help grow our skills, business, etc.

Do you have other ideas? details to add? requests?
A former member
Post #: 2
I like the idea of the monthly meet & greet. I wonder if we could co-host an event with Freelancer's Union?
A former member
Post #: 3
I think it would be great if each month's meetup had a theme or focus on a specific aspect of the industry. Then, people in that field could showcase their work in relation to that genre. For example, a make-up artist focus one month. Then different make up artists could show their work and anyone that is working on a project that needs to hire one, can meet and see the work to find a person to hire.

It would work really well for producers, graphic artists, editors of all kinds, costume designers, make up, hair stylists, etc etc.

... Anyway, just a thought. I'm new to the group and look forward to meeting everyone!
A former member
Post #: 4
Hey Ya'll just starting a thread here to get conversation going about how we might build out this group through 2012 - where people would like to see it go, random ideas, etc.

Maybe an evening when we show reels? Also, a daytime, outdoor event. Perhaps with charcoal grills & fresh food?
Mitch J.
user 39858832
New York, NY
Post #: 1
I would like to suggest that we try a simple livestream of each meeting so members who cannot attend can watch live or via video on demand...they can also ask questions and participate via twitter/facebook. The recorded videos could live on a free YouTube account for us.

It could be as easy as a webcam on a laptop or more elaborate with multiple cameras and a TriCaster. I have equipment I am willing to contribute if you all think this is a good idea.....Perhaps we could do a meeting ABOUT livestreaming and try it with that....
A former member
Post #: 5
Great ideas, both Lori & Mitch!
stefan d.
dayofideas
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 45
I would like to suggest that we try a simple livestream of each meeting so members who cannot attend can watch live or via video on demand...they can also ask questions and participate via twitter/facebook. The recorded videos could live on a free YouTube account for us.

It could be as easy as a webcam on a laptop or more elaborate with multiple cameras and a TriCaster. I have equipment I am willing to contribute if you all think this is a good idea.....Perhaps we could do a meeting ABOUT livestreaming and try it with that....

It's a great idea Mitch - it will just require infastructure support and other people willing to step up and make it happen. I know this post was from a long time ago, and I've been processing it in my head. So far our venues (mostly Blue Owl) have been low light environments. Also - our meeting formats have mostly been about networking with not so much streamable content. In the coming months though, I think we will be making the transition into having a meeting per month that is more ready to be streamed. Would you or anyone else like to take up this torch with me about getting things streamed?