add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Upper Manhattan Connection Club Message Board › Suggesting Events...

Suggesting Events...

A former member
Post #: 143
Hey all! There seems to be some energy around adding a few more events, particularly on weekend evenings. Yay! We love being a super-active Meetup! More events, more ideas, more fun for all!

Since Josh and I can't be at every event, we only ask that, if you come up with an idea for an event, you host it. Here's what you do:

- Write up the event! Describe what you want to do, or where you want to go, what people should expect from showing up...

- Pick a date and time!

- E-mail Josh and I with the write-up and details. While we both check the message boards regularly, the best way to reach us is by e-mail. We'll post your event as soon as we can after receiving it, but it may take a couple of days. Don't panic if you don't see it right away! We'll post it, we promise!

- COMMIT to being there! That's kind of a big one. That means that no matter what happens, no matter how many people RSVP or show up, you are DEFINITELY going to be there. Some people travel long distances to get places, so it's nice to be there to greet them. Also, Josh and I don't like to cancel events once they've been posted, so if you absolutely can't make an event you're supposed to host, please try to find someone else to host in your place.

- Be the host! Get there early, make sure you're easily noticeable, and be on the look out for members. Depending on the event, you might want to have an after-event planned...

So that's it! This is YOUR meetup, too, so check things out, come up with ideas and shoot them off.

A former member
Post #: 225
A former member
Post #: 99
Hey Folks.

Just wanted to remind everyone about suggesting events. Same goes from J's original post - only difference is that we now ask that you email me (Claudia) with any events.

Send me all the details - and I'll get it posted. Wednesday's will be my posting day. So, if you send me a message about an event - I will post it as soon as I can - but by the next Wednesday at the latest.