Oetenbachgasse 6, 8001 Zuirch
Ask at the Lion Bar or just follow the signs of Zurich eXpats that lead you the way.
Dear Zurich newcomer and fellow expat,
Moving to a new country can be a real challenge. As well as adjusting to a new culture and getting to grips with a new language, there are friends to meet, apartments to find and – occasionally – paper work to fill in, thanks to Switzerland’s unique administrative and financial system.
All in all, it’s a bit of a mission.
But the good thing is there are plenty of veteran expats in our group who would love to help you feel at home in Zurich as soon as possible. And at this evening's workshop on Wednesday, you’ll have the chance to meet with some of these experienced ‘Züri Expat’ members to find out more about this fantastic city.
• 19.00-19.45 A warm welcome from the The Züri Expats designed to help you find your feet in the city’s social scene.
The Snug Lounge in the Lion's Pub
• 19.45-20.30 Sascha Mizdrak and team from our event partners SVAG will guide you through the intricacies of Swiss insurance, pensions, taxes and more. They hope their informative seminar will help clarify any doubts or uncertainties you may have after your move to Zurich. Scroll down for further information about SVAG. The Brasserie Lipp
• 20.30-20.45 Break
• 20.45-21.00 The City and Canton of Zurich’s Department of Integration
One of our own liaisons with the City/Canton of Zurich's Dept. of Integration will guide you through everything you need to know as a citizen and provide you with plenty of tips on how best to adapt to life in Switzerland.
The Old Urania Observatory
• 21.00-22.00 Visit to the Observatory and the Jules Verne Panorama Bar courtesy of our partner SVAG. Attendees will be able to ask further questions after the meeting.
Still not convinced? If you’ve been asking some of the following questions, after your arrival in Switzerland, then this workshop is for you…
– How can I save taxes, even if I have a B or L Permit?
– How can I manage to fulfill the dream of owning my own four walls?
– What exactly do the deductions on my salary slip mean?
– How should I pick the right health insurance plan for myself and/or my family?
– What is the three-pillar-system (pension, retirement) and what details do I have to pay attention to?
– Do I overpay for my insurance coverage in general?
The event is for all NEWCOMERS and Expats - we look forward to meeting with you!
John and team of Züri Expats, The City of Zurich, Sascha and team of SVAG
SVAG work on an independent basis, with more than 60 partners (banks, insurance, real estate and investment companies) and boast over 35 years of experience in the financial consultancy sector.
Sasha and team have more then ten years experience as team leader in the independent financial consultancy sector. With international backgrounds themselves, the duo is perfectly placed to help with the unique requirements of expats.