Join us for AB Contemporary's season opening exhibition, Showtime, featuring films by Mihai Grecu, Ericka Beckman, Keren Cytter, Tova Mozard, Matei Bejenaru, Mircea Nicolae, Jim Finn, Natalia LL, Dor Guez and others.
The exhibition will take the form of a cinema within the gallery, and each artist's video will be featured in one of three categories: Poetics of Resistance, Personal Confessions, and Broken Utopias. Each of these three themes will play at certain listed times, thus offering the visitors the possibility to engage with the work in a more dedicated fashion.
Poetics of Resistance - 7pm-7:30pm
- Mircea Nicolae (RO) How to Make Bread, 2014
- Natalia LL (PO) Consumer Art, 1975
- Mihai Grecu (FR/RO) We’ll Become Oil, 2014
Personal Confessions - 7:40pm - 8:10pm
- Tova Mozard (SWE) Wall of Love, 2002
- Dor Guez (IL) July 13, 2009,
- Kirsten Stoltmann (USA) True Confessions of an Artist, 1994
Broken Utopias - 8:20pm - 9:00pm
- Ericka Beckman (USA) Switch Center, 2004
- Matei Bejenaru (RO) From Afar, 2009
- Jim Finn (USA) Great Man and Cinema, 2009
- Keren Cytter (IL) Video Art Manual, 2011
9-10pm reception with drinks...
We look forward to seeing you at the vernissage on August 29, 7-10pm. Popcorn and drinks will be served.
Curated by Olga Stefan, www.olgaistefan.wordpress.com