An exciting evening, that takes you from an object oriented view to a functional programming view (FP).
Heres how I’ll try to do it (code examples will be C# or F# based):
Highlight how core features of computation affect the scalability of design (e.g. mutability, memory management, object dispatching, …)
- Goal: show how interfaces between abstraction layers are affecting your programs.
Introduce some of the base FP building blocks: discriminated union, fold, monad, …
- Special attention will be given to the monad
- Time permitting: intro to zippers and comonads
Finish by revisiting some classic OO design patterns from an FP perspective.
- To celebrate 20y of design patterns.
Presenter: James Litsios
James has co-written and lead three major software systems:
• A derivative market making and algorithmic trading system
• A semicondutor device simulator
• A CAD system for analog circuits
When he is not taking on contract work, he like to write his own FP compilers and model human behavior.