addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Zürich English Speaking Group Message Board › Favorite Restaurants in Zurich

Favorite Restaurants in Zurich

A former member
Post #: 19
Use this thread to list your favorite places to eat in Zurich. Include in this list your fast, friendly or formal restaurants in town or in the surrounding area. You don't need to give a review (though that always helps) but do provide some details about why you recommend this restaurant.
A former member
Post #: 20
In the Fall and Winter, I am a big fan of the Zeughauskeller near Paradeplatz. It's good, hearty comfort food with good bier and decent service. Try their soups, select from several varieties of regional Swiss wurst's, and if you really want the Full Monty, try the "Kalbsgeschnetzeltes nach Zuercher Art".
A former member
Post #: 21
The Piadina Place

On Niderdorfstr. across from the Spaghetti Factory near Stussihof is a great little sandwich shop that I call the Piadina Place. You can only order Piadina sandwiches there. Piadina is a flat bread that is nicely toasted on each side, then filled with whichever meats and chesses and vegatables you like, then the bread is folded into a half circle. The bread is best described as a thick crepe, but it's not sweet.
A former member
Post #: 1
In the Fall and Winter, I am a big fan of the Zeughauskeller near Paradeplatz. It's good, hearty comfort food with good bier and decent service. Try their soups, select from several varieties of regional Swiss wurst's, and if you really want the Full Monty, try the "Kalbsgeschnetzeltes nach Zuercher Art".

I would have to agree with Bryon on the Zeughauskeller...one of the best atmosphere locals in ZH...Another excellent winter location is the Fribourger Fondue Stübli on the Rotwandstr. 38 (about two blocks from Stauffacher Platz in the direction of Helvetiaplatz)...