Zürich English Speaking Group Message Board › New Event in Zurich: Where in the World Have You Been?

New Event in Zurich: Where in the World Have You Been?

olga
user 3093060
Zürich, CH
Post #: 6
New Event in Zurich:
“Where in the world have you been?”

I like art, culture and travel, and have been writing about these topics for various local English language publications for more than 9 months since relocating to Zurich from Chicago .

Now I would like to get together for a show-and-tell with all those who like one or more of these topics, once per month.

Here’s how I’m envisioning it:
During each session, a different person will volunteer to do a slideshow of a recent or interesting trip that they have taken, and discuss with the rest of us certain unique aspects of the culture, art, history, architecture, etc. Practical information about getting there, places to stay, and where to eat will be highly useful for those interested in visiting too.

This time, we will be featuring a trip by one of the participants to North Korea, a mysterious and close-off country.

This is a great way not only to get a virtual (guided) tour of another country or place, but also to get to know each other, share stories of fun trips, and practice our oral speaking skills!

I will be hosting this at my house and serving drinks and appetizers. I will also make my laptop TV hookup available for the slideshow presentations. Kids ages 3+ are also welcome while the parents chat. They can hang out with my son (6). 10CHF per adult.

Tuesday, December 15, 1:00pm in Wollishofen

I am interested in getting ideas for dates and times – what works for most? Please email me offline, and to RSVP. I will then send exact address. olgastefanconsulting@yahoo.com

For more info about me: www.olgaistefan.wordpress.com
Pia
user 9625132
Au, CH
Post #: 5
Hi Olga

I find your idea just GREAT!!! I would love to assist to this event. About the day and hour, I'm very flexible, except for later, after 19:00h.

I will send you an e-mail from my private e-mail address, so that you can send me your exact address.

Do I need to bring something to eat or something like that?

I am really looking forward to this meet up!

See you soon :-)

Pia