add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Zürich Erlang & Elixir User Group Message Board › Meetup topic ideas

Meetup topic ideas

Lars Hesel C.
user 40401562
Basel, CH
Post #: 2
Hi all

Here are a few ideas we could use for meetups:

In general I think it would be great to just meet up, bring laptops, hang out and do erlang...

BUT I also think we should try to pick some topics of interest and do presentations from time to time. Topics for presentation could be:

* basics of Erlang - sequential programming, recursion, tail recursion, pattern matching etc.
* look at generic servers. gen_server, gen_fsm, gen_event,... what are they, how do you use them etc..
* rebar - A sophisticated build-tool for Erlang projects that follows OTP principles (­)
* Data structures in Erlang
* Error handling in Erlang (just let it fail)
* Comparing implementations of the same thing in for instance Clojure and Erlang (a colleague of mine would like to try this, I think it could be fun)

These were just the things at the top of my head ... please post if you have ideas or want to present something.

Lars Hesel C.
user 40401562
Basel, CH
Post #: 5

We've created a google groups mailing list - so in the future all communication should happen there:­