Zürich Erlang & Elixir User Group Message Board › Future meetups

Future meetups

Lars Hesel C.
user 40401562
Basel, CH
Dear Erlangers!

The Zurich Erlang User Group has now reached a member count of 40 and we have held 6 meetups since we started a bit more than 6 months ago!

I think this is absolutely awesome and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for being part of and making the user group what it is.

We do face a slight challenge next year, in the fact that our contact at the ETH moved on and started in a new job, hence he can no longer provide us with the amazing facilities at the ETH for our meetups. So if you know of a place in Zurich, please let me know. I will be grateful for any hints.

Zurich Erlang User Group might hit the road and do meetups outside of Zurich (currently we are working on a meetup in Basel, which might take the form of a code camp and introdution to Erlang - let's see), so if you would like to host a meetup outside of Zurich would also be great.

I would also like to ask what you think about doing a hacker night / code dojo where we meet and work on any problems we might have in small groups. The problems could be at any level, from how to set up the development environment to how to architect a distributed database system. The point of it being working together in a different way other than doing a presentation (which is also great, of course.)

For the December meetup on the 12th of December I might do a live coding session, not exactly sure about what, but I'm looking at application releases, deployment and hot-code upgrades at the moment...

If you would like to do a presentation, a demo, do live coding or if there is a topic you would like to know more about at a meetup, please let me know!

Also if you know someone who might be interested in Erlang/OTP, functional programming, or related, please invite him or her to the meetups. The more the merrier!

Again, thank you all for being members of the Zurich Erlang User Group!

Have a great weekend,

Lars