May 20, 2013 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
We hike from Walenstadt to Quinten and take the boat to Murg. It is expected to take 4 hours according to the myswitzerland website; see link below. It will probably take an extra hour for us so we can stop and enjoy the views. The path is listed as medium difficulty, medium grade according to the site.
Here is the agenda:
• Arrive at Walenstadt at 09:22.
o 08:00, meet under the Blue Angel. (I will join later at Wadenswil because I live in Au ZH).
o 08:12, DEPART Zurich HB platform 8.
o 08:57, EXIT train at Ziegelbrucke. I join at 08:32 at Wadenswil.
o 09:02, DEPART Ziegelbrucke platform 7.
o 09:22, EXIT train at Walenstadt.
• Hike: Walenstadt – Garadur – Au – Quinten. Height difference is 420m. We will break around noon to have lunch, bring your lunch.
• Take a boat to Murg. These leave every 45 minutes or so and take 15 minutes.
• Take the train back to Zurich. Return time might be around 16:30 but could be earlier or later.
Things to bring:
• Rain Jacket
• An understanding of hiking etiquette: http://hiking.meetup.com/161/pages/Etiquette_on_the_Trail/
Things to know about this hike:
• I am not a professional guide.
• I am getting most of my information about this hike from the webpage below.
• You should take into consideration your own ability to hike this distance at an average hiking pace.