August 18, 2013 · 7:15 AM
A trail so beautiful it was given 5 stars by the Wanderland website and named accordingly. It's worth a look. The Webpage link.
From a practical standpoint there are bus stops along the route. So, if the day gets too wet we can end things quickly. Some rain is forecast for the afternoon/evening. Also we won't be so high which means clouds won't obscure our views.
The trail Panoramaweg Grimmialp is at the end of the 5 Star Trail. If we get done early there is an option is extend the hike by a few hours easily. This is however not part of the defined hike.
Hiking time: 4h 00m
Height difference ups (Oey-Diemtigen–Grimmialp): 650m
(Android app users, there are JPGs here.)
Meet at Oey Diemtigen at 09:23.
For those coming from Zurich, meet at 07:20 under the angel. To make finding each other easier at 07:20 hold your water bottle in your left hand and your cell phone in your right. Look for others doing the same.
Follow the route to Grimmialp.
Extend hike as an option for those interested.
Things to bring:
• Water, 2l
• Rain Jacket
• An understanding of hiking etiquette:
Things to know about this hike:
• I am not a professional guide.
• I am getting most of my information about this hike from the webpage below and the Switzerland Mobility maps.
• You should take into consideration your own ability to hike this distance at an average hiking pace. We do move fast at this point in the summer, you should be able to keep up with the group.
• We'll keep this a people hike, no dogs please. There are a number of great dog groups in Zurich that hike, please look into those.
• If you can't make it but have signed up or are in the wait list, please update your status as early as possible. Those in the wait list will be thankful.