Furi - Schönbielhut - Schwarzsee VS
This hike will take us up some with the lifts then we will walk along Zmutt Glacier to Schönbielhut. We will have something to eat there and enjoy the view for a bit then head back to the lift at Schwarzsee VS.
We will be on this path half the day: path
This is day 1 of 2 for me in the Zermatt area. I'll be coming in Friday and leaving Sunday. Others that wish to do the same are welcome, otherwise joining just one day would still be a nice time. I'll be at the Hotel National Superior Zermatt; regardless of the place you pick, those staying the nights can meet for dinner/drinks in the evenings.
REALLY IMPORTANT STATISTICS:
Hiking time: 6h
Requirements: medium (mountain hiking trail)
Height difference ups: 1265m
Height difference downs: 547m
(These are important for you to understand so that you sign up for a hike you are comfortable making.)
(Seriously, understand these. It's the difference between a nice day out in the mountains and a death march.)
(Android app users, there are JPGs here.)
- Meet at Zermatt station at 09:13. Go straight to the lifts.
For those coming from Zurich, meet at 05:50 under the angel.
- Follow the route I have planned. ROUTE
- Return to Zermatt / Zurich
Things to bring:
• Lunch or snacks. We are eating at the hut.
• Water, 2l
• Sunscreen / hat / rain jacket / real hiking boots
• An understanding of hiking etiquette.
Things to know about this hike:
• I am not a professional guide.
• I am getting most of my information about this hike from the Wanderland website and the Switzerland Mobility maps.
• We'll keep this a people hike, no dogs please. There are a number of great dog groups in Zurich that hike, please look into those.
• If you can't make it but have signed up or are in the wait list, please update your status as early as possible. Those in the wait list will be thankful.