After having skied in Zinal, Verbier, Zermatt, Grindelwald and Livigno the idea is to go to Austria. St Anton, together with Lech and Zurs, is an enormous resort with incredible possibilities for beginner and advanced skiers. April skiing is summer skiing with lots of sun and a cool atmosphere.
St Anton is also famous for its lively APRES- SKI. Those who have been skiing in Austria knows that not only the days but also the nights are long and surely you do not find anything similar like that in Switzerland.
The idea would be to go Friday evening - take the 4.40PM train arriving at 7PM in ST Anton after which we check in the hotel and have dinner.
Typically within Austria places are rented out for a whole week and after having called about 10 different locations and eliminated 4 and 5 star hotels with prices of 200 euros and more per night- I found this one which is accepting groups for a weekend. Because of the large ski resort and apres-ski facilities, this resort is very popular and prices are equally slightly more expensive than a typical youth hostel in Switzerland.
Our accommodation is a 10 min walk away from downtown. In the morning buses can bring you/from the ski-station.
I have been given following rooms.
* 4 rooms for 3 persons (12 persons)
* 2 Single rooms (2 persons)
* 2 hotel/appartements for 4 persons (8 persons)
* 3 double rooms (6 persons)
Total = 28 Persons
Possibly more rooms might become available, however currently there are options taken on these rooms.
Price is 255 francs and the price is for two nights in half board (breakfast and dinner, tourist tax included)- drinks are not included.
If there is no or little interest, I will cancel this activity. Important is that I have an option till March 1 hence I would need to receive the money paid into my bank account on February 28, 2014.
My bank details:
IBAN: CH[masked] 8940 A
· Please note that everyone is responsible for his/her own acts. It is up to each individual to take out appropriate insurance (off-piste, rescue, hospitality, third -party liability etc.) and by no means this organizer can be held responsible in any way for organizing this ski-weekend.
· Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis. Rather than the date someone clicked yes on the Meet-upsite, the date of payment will be considered.
· There are no refunds. In case you cannot make it, someone else can take your spot till 2 week before departure. For anyone signing up after March 1 or changes made thereafter there is a 20 chf charge to cover admin fees.
· You do not need to bring along sleeping bags, blankets etc. however you need to bring along a towel.
* With regards to trains, things are a bit more complicated. While this international travel I can-t reserve for groups, but would need to buy tickets for our groups. Once I am back in Switzerland I will check up on prices and advice accordingly.