Suggest this summer to explore the Wallis (Valais) area a bit more. Because it takes a long time to travel here by train/bus and people might not be able to leave work early on friday, the idea is to depart early on saturday morning and return on sunday late afternoon with a 1 night overnight stay in a typical mountain hut.
We will take the train at 6.02 am (zurich hb) -arrive 8.02 am in Visp, depart visp at 8.06 am arrive Sion at 8.30 am (train), we will depart by bus at 8.40 am and arrive at 9.32 am in La Sage Village. From here we will start our hike. The hike is 7 hours long and 1900 meters altitude difference (distance 15 kilometer). The idea is to arrive at the hut (3000 meters altitude) before 7pm, when dinner is being served.
The next day (sunday) we will walk from the hut towards Nax - a 4 hour hike and in the afternoon we will take the train back to Zurich.
La Sage is part of Val d'Herens (in German Ehringertal) and this is where the famous massive black cows comes from that fight annually to obtain the title of queen of the area ( those who participated in the hike in Crans Montana knows what I am talking about). La Sage is a hiking paradise with over 200 kilometers of marked paths, with great views on glaciers and mountains and fascinating nature of meadows and forests.
The hut consists of dormitories of 4, 8, 10 and 16 beds. A butler service, sauna, mini-bar and pay TV is not offered, but included are the hospitality of the Valais people and the great outdoor views at sunset and in the morning.
Price is 65 francs per person/night and the price is for one night in half board (dinner included) and accommodation- drinks are not included.
If there is no or little interest, I will cancel this activity. I have taken an option for 20 spots - which I like to confirm as soon as possible. Therefore it is there is interest, please transfer the money into my bank account as soon as possible. Ideally I would like to finalize the booking on May 10.
The date of payment received will be used as a basis for allocating spots - whether or not you clicked yes on Meetup before is irrelevant. Of course when you are coming please click on yes. I will create a waiting list, but again whether you are on or off the waiting list is irrelevant - only the date of payment counts. I will regularly update all of you as to whom I received the payments from.
My bank details:
IBAN: CH[masked] 8940 A
* The organizer is not responsible for any bodily injury or other accidents that might happen during the hike. By signing up on this activity, the participants agree that the organizer will not be held responsible in any way. Although the hike is not complicated, it is each individual responsibility to ensure that they can do the hike and check out the trail.
* To bring along : hiking boots, rain gear, headlamp, water, snack, lunch ( I suggest we take lunch on the trails), smile, positive attitude, suncream, towel
* In case there is lots of rain, storm or foggy etc. then of course this hike does not take place
* In case you can not make it, there will be no refund - you are entitled to find a replacement.
* Given that this is a somewhat longer hike with overnight stay, I will limit the number of participants. In the past people contacted me even days before the hike asking whether they can still come. Please note that I like to finalize as soon as possible the booking and will not make any chances anymore afterwards.