The idea is to go hiking for a day in the Swiss National Park. Because the Park is quite far away from Zurich the idea is to travel Friday night, have a long day hike on saturday and return saturday evening.
On saturday morning we hike from Zernez (1400 meters) to our destination at 2500 meters. T2 - 1100 meters up and 3,5 hours (mostly up). From Zernez we hike to Sarasinstein, Bellavista and Morteral. Then we walk for about 2 hours back to Zernez and saturday night we travel back to Zurich. Total hiking time 5,5 hours. Those who want can stay longer, but I can't due to other commitments.
Price is 68 francs per person and the price includes one night accommodation, breakfast and tourist taxes. Drinks are not included.
If there is no or little interest, I will cancel this activity. I have taken an option for 15 spots - which I like to confirm as soon as possible. Therefore it is there is interest, please transfer the money into my bank account as soon as possible (by September 3) Ideally I would like to finalize the booking on September 4.
The date of payment received will be used as a basis for allocating spots - whether or not you clicked yes on Meetup before is irrelevant. Of course when you are coming please click on yes. I will create a waiting list, but again whether you are on or off the waiting list is irrelevant - only the date of payment counts. I will regularly update all of you as to whom I received the payments from.
My bank details can be found on the Meetup activity - July 19 - Wallis hike.
* The organizer is not responsible for any bodily injury or other accidents that might happen during the hike. By signing up on this activity, the participants agree that the organizer will not be held responsible in any way. Although the hike is not complicated, it is each individual responsibility to ensure that they can do the hike and check out the trail.
* To bring along : hiking boots, rain gear, water, snack, lunch ( I suggest we take lunch on the trails), smile, positive attitude, suncream
* In case there is lots of rain, storm or foggy etc. then of course this hike does not take place
* Given that this is a somewhat longer hike with overnight stay, I will limit the number of participants.
* There will be NO refunds. Two weeks before the event start date no more changes will be accepted - this to avoid people coming forward last minute and I have to change room compositions, ask for different rooms, calls the hotel etc. Two weeks before the event I like to agree with the hotel the final room list and number of participants. If you can no longer make it, then bad luck. No more changes (also not giving the room to someone else).