The idea would be to go skiing in the St Moritz area (candidate for the Winter Olympics 2018). Both the Corvatsch and Corviglia ski area have a wide variety of slopes for everyone from beginner to expert. I have selected mid March so that we will still have good snow. Skis can be rented locally if need be, however it is better to bring your own skis.
We would be staying at the local youth hostel (quite modern). I have taken an option for 25 spots. Prices given to me are:
# for 4 bed room with washbasin (showers on corridor): 60 francs
# for 2 bed room with washbasin (showers on corridor): 74 francs
# double room with showers : 107 francs
Prices are by person per night and include accommodation, breakfast and dinner. In case you are not a youth hostel member, then please add 3 francs per night.
The idea is to take the 4.12 pm train departing zurich HB. 16.12 zurich hb arrival chur 17.43, departure chur at 17.58 arrival 19.58 st moritz. Departure 20.06 st moritz bahnhof, arrival st moritz sonne 20.14.
Return on sunday - departure 17.02 st moritz arrival zurich 20.21.
1. Please note that everyone is responsible for their own acts. It is up to each individual to take out appropriate insurance (off-piste, rescue, hospitality, third -party liability etc.) and by no means this organizer can be held responsible in any way for organizing this ski-weekend.
2. I made a group booking directly with the hostel for accommodation, breakfast and dinner. This means that parking spaces, drinks etc. are not included in therefore needs to be settled directly by the person consuming those.
3. Since it is a group booking, I would expect people to have more flexibility than when making an individual booking. Whereas I try to accommodate room types as much as possible, sometimes depending on the rooms allocated to me and the number of males/females, I need to make compromises and hope I can count on your understanding.
4. In the youth hostel they typically have a fixed menu with salad bar, soup, warm meal and dessert. Whereas I can understand that certain persons do not eat certain menus, please be proactive about it, let me know in advance and I can try to ask for other options. Do not contact me the day itself and complain that there is only menu X.
5. Refund policy - the refund policy is the same as always. In order to avoid that people make last minute changes with no substantiated reason and then claim a full refund, it has been decided that there will be no refund. Whether you can-t make it, whether you missed the train, whether you got sick, whether your business planning changes... it is up to you to find a replacement person.
6. It is always good to note down a number of phone numbers of colleagues which you can call, just in case.