addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Zurich Scala Enthusiasts Message Board › Be prepared!

Be prepared!

Jason Z.
user 3028080
Brisbane, AU
Hi guys and gals,

To get a head start for tomorrows meeting, you might like to have a read of the notes and code I'll be using. Hopefully about half of you can bring a laptop so we can pair up and code along with the exercises.

It would be great if you get a few of the setup steps done beforehand. If you have any problems, don't fret -- there will be plenty of help around tomorrow night to make sure you are setup and ready to code.

In addition to the tutorial, we're also going to have a demonstration from Mirko Stocker of the outstanding work he has done to integrate refactoring support into the Scala IDE for Eclipse.

Like last time, we'll order some pizzas for around 9 o'clock, and have a few drinks available to toast the Scala 2.8 release.

Look forward to meeting the new members and seeing the familiar faces from last time. Happy hacking until then!

Jason
Alexander B.
user 12243999
Zürich, CH
Post #: 1
Hey Jason,

thanks for the setup instructions.

Two minor things: first, at the end of the installation there was a NullPointerException:
$ java -jar scala.jar
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicProgressBarU­I.sizeChanged(BasicProgressBarUI.java:97­3)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicProgressBarU­I.getBox(BasicProgressBarUI.java:444)
[...]

But I don't think it really matters.

Second, the bash completion does not work for zsh :-/

regards

Alex