Zurich and Thalwil Writing Group Message Board › Intro and activities in this meet up

Intro and activities in this meet up

Maria
MariaGocha
Group Organizer
Thalwil, CH
Dear all,
I wanted to keep this meet up going, since writing with other people can be so good! or meeting and talking about this subject. So let's try to revive this group together!
About myself: I studied and worked as an engineer but currently do several other things instead. I don't call myself a writer but enjoy (and need!) the actual activity, never mind the result, till now I write for myself. Tend to read more than I write. I have tried to write in a blog but have not derived from it so much satisfaction as yet as I from writing on paper at this stage. One issue for me is that my native tongue is Spanish, and yet most of what I have read in the last ten years has been in English.
I would love to meet you guys and hear about your experiences with writing (and reading). What are your favourite themes, books or blogs, writers and what do you like most about writing.
I will suggest some activities from a particular website I use and books I have, and please do suggest something you might have in mind. We could additionally visit some interesting locations in Zurich or nearby where writers have lived or stayed, like James Joyce.
Please would you let me know if you have any preferred times and days of the week to meet?
Look forward to meeting you!
Kind regards,
Maria