Do you feel compelled to write? This group is mainly about writing together and also about talking about writing and writers, talk about books and blogs, etc. Also, if you read a lot, I suggest writing might be something for you.
Benefits of writing:
- Writing -on your own or in a group- allows an exploration of ourselves and the world or any element of it through our lenses or the lenses of a fictional character! This is why it can feel like a magical activity.
- It is a self-expressive activity and a very powerful source of all healing and clarity.
- Even in a group, it is an introspective activity which can work like a meditation!
- If we give a go to reading aloud for the others some of what you wrote, without getting any feedback, it can be quite liberating.
- If you are extremely passionate about it, and you keep at it, you could get published!
“I still encourage anyone who feels at all compelled to write to do so. I just try to warn people who hope to get published that publication is not all that it is cracked up to be. But writing is. Writing has so much to give, so much to teach, so many surprises. That thing you had to force yourself to do – the actual act of writing – turns out to be the best part. It’s like discovering that while you thought you needed the tea ceremony for the caffeine, what you really needed was the tea ceremony. The act of writing turns out to be its own reward.” —Anne Lamott, from Bird by Bird(from writingfromthesoul.net)
The language of this meet up group is English. We will do some writing exercises that might prove challenging but worth doing. I have several books on writing plus I'd like to do the exercises suggested by Jane Brunette in writingfromthesoul.net.
This group has a mix and range of approaches and motivations for writing. Most of us are non-native English speakers. Obviously writing is predominantly a lone activity. In this group we make an exception and share. All you need is the willingness to write and an open mind. Please note: We don't come to correct or judge each other. If you wish to have feedback this can be organized.