Let's meet for a film and food event at my place.
Everybody cooks something at home for a buffet. You should also bring a drink. First we socialize and eat. Later, we all watch a food-related movie together. After the movie, you are welcome to stay for a bit or leave - that's up to you!
Here the trailer to the movie we're going to watch: Spinning Plates
[masked]pm: arrival at my place; drinks
till 7.15pm: we'll set up the buffet
7.15 till 8.00pm: dinner and socializing
8.00 till 9.45pm: movie
after the movie: possibly dessert/cake; more socializing or feel free to leave
What to bring:
• Prepare something at home that's suitable for a buffet - you can do the assembly at my place if necessary (I guess many of us will prepare something that can or is to be eaten cold. However, it's also possible to use the microwave, oven or stove at my place to heat something up.)
• Bring a drink (wine, beer, soft drink etc. - bring something you enjoy drinking yourself)
Some more info:
• Some of us are vegetarians (not me, but, for example, my roommate). Your dish obviously doesn't have to be vegetarian, but should you happen to bring a dish that doesn't include any meat or fish/seafood, make sure that you don't use any chicken stock etc. so that it's suitable for vegetarians.
• For dinner/socializing, we don't all have to be in the living room (it's kind of small). Feel free to make use of the kitchen, living room, hallway and balcony.
• Drinks that don't need to be cooled go onto the buffet. Drinks that need to be cooled go into the fridge. Once you've figured out where the fridge is (it's not that difficult), store and help yourself to cold drinks there.
• Smoking is possible on the balcony. Use a cup or something.