add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

#A11yTO: Toronto Accessibility & Inclusive Design Message Board › Int'l Technology & Persons with Disabilities Conference Feb 25-Mar 1

Int'l Technology & Persons with Disabilities Conference Feb 25-Mar 1

A former member
Post #: 4

Preliminary information is now available for the 28th International Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference, known also as CSUN 2013­

This is the largest conference of its kind on technology and people with disabilities, attracting upwards of 5000 attendees from around the world. I call
it the Consumer Electronics Show for the digital accessibility industry. It will take place in San Diego from February 25 to March 1 (general session days
are Feb 27, 28 and Mar 1). There are typically pre-conference training events on Feb 25 and 26 with their own registration costs which have not yet been
announced. While general registration won't open until early January, a preliminary session schedule is up, along with info on registration fees, etc. To get
the best registration rate, attendees must though register and pay by January 14.  

Based on conversations at our last Meetup, I know there are a few folks who expressed interest in attending CSUN 2013, and there are a few meetup members
who are actually scheduled to present. To cut down on costs, if there are a few people going, why not consider room share. I can tell you that there are
folks, including myself, who do not stay at the conference hotel as less expensive hotel rooms can be found close by. There are also a number of free events
and the exhibit hall, which is also free to the public that could make a coincidental vacation in San Diego around the time of the conference, well-worth

This will be my 8th time attending the event, so if anyone has any questions, I am happy to answer them.