#A11yTO: Toronto Accessibility & Inclusive Design Message Board › Happy one year anniversary & Global Accessibility Awareness Day

Happy one year anniversary & Global Accessibility Awareness Day

A former member
Last year, ten to twelve folks gathered to kick-off this Meetup Group. Today, we are over 240 members. On behalf of George Zamfir, I want to thank you all for your interest in accessibility and inclusive design. We will continue to listen to suggestions to make this group even more useful as we start our second year.

May 9 also marks Global Accessibility Awareness Day which I co-founded last year. The day is about talking about, thinking of, and experiencing digital accessibility. While you all are already sold on why this subject matters, you all likely know colleagues who know little to nothing about digital accessibility. I encourage and invite you to let your colleagues and friends know what today is (by eMail, Facebook, etc.). Feel free to visit and share the following:

Event site www.globalaccessibilityawarenessday.org­
Twitter feed: @gbla11yday and hashtag #GAAD
a message from me on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5vRRermrAw­

Jennison