addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Ann Arbor Adventure Club Message Board › smorgasbord topic: running buddy / concert question / etc

smorgasbord topic: running buddy / concert question / etc

MK
user 36998342
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
I hope I'm not screwing up the message board by writing all over here!

I'll start with the etc:

I've been super bummed lately. Being alone for 7 months is strange. At first, you get all existential and crazy, and then you spend altogether too much time talking to your cats. I was reluctant to join meetup because of the "friends from the internet" stigma - I thought all of you would probably be weirdos.

Turns out only about half of you are weirdos, and most of you are just weird in a good way, anyway! I have had so much fun with this group already, and I am looking forward to getting to know a bunch of you better. I'm looking forward to things again, I feel like I'm so close to having a circle of friends, and I have a reason to go out and get beer again (very important, obviously). Thanks so much for being so welcoming and wonderful.

Thing #2:

I recently started running and I'm trying to train for the Dexter to Ann Arbor half marathon (crazy, I know. I might not make it, but I'm sure as hell going to try). Anyone want to work up to it with me? I can comfortably run about 3 miles, uncomfortably maybe 4.5 or 5. I don't necessarily need someone to train with, just someone to text or keep in contact with that is working up to it at about the same pace. I need someone to hold me accountable, keep me challenged, and share in the struggle of gaining a lot of momentum very fast. Let me know if you're up for it!

Last thing:

One of my very favorite bands is coming to the Blind Pig. They are called Margot and the Nuclear So and So's. Yes, I'm an incorrigible indie kid, yes, the band is amazing. Does anyone else like them? I'd love to not go to the concert all alone!

That's all. Thanks AAAC!