Robert C.
user 12679532
Belleville, MI
Ok all, I guess it is time to start getting the details sorted out for this trip,

Still working on getting a boat for this trip, Finding the prices have jumped a bit down there, and since we are at 11 in the group some of the charter companies are being hard nose about taking a bigger boat.  We are real close at 1200 a person @8 people and 800 @ 2 people.  NOt going to be able to reduce it to 1100.

On the plus side I'm contacting the company from last year's charter and see if my cussing him out has been forgotten :) and getting a price on that boat.  If he holds his price we will be able to drop the cost to $1000/pp @ 8 people and $700/pp @ 2 people.  The issues on the boat were mostly things i had to deal with, overall it was ok. Boat is a little older but that's why we get it cheaper,

NOTE: I saw a lot of single sign up so please post in the comments on the new posting if you want to share a cabin.  First two people to call for the single cabins get them. Note you will not be able to sleep in them they are that small, that is the reason for the lower price/pp for the single cabins

1/2 of the total amount is due Dec 1st. Less the $100 deposit.   ( amount is still pending till we sort out boat)   I request checks if at all possible the money is to tight to pay the 3% paypal fee but if you need to use a CC contact me and we can work it out,

The final 1/2 will be due on April 1st.

Note: after Dec 1st this is a no refund trip, you can sell your space but the depost is non-refundable.

After april 1st you forfeit your deposit and  we will try and find a person to take your place at the cost of just the balance. Once we reserve the boat there is no refunds with any of the companies.

I would also say you may want to buy trip insurance, or at least medical flight insurance. Here is a link I use a lot http://www.viyachts.com/discount_travel/index.php­ near the bottom of the page is a few companies that offer it.  Its not that much if you insure for about $2000 total trip cost to get airfare and boat money back, its less then $150 and it covers almost everything. We could also do a large group policy if everyone want to.  We can touch base on this in Dec.

You will need a Passport, and it must expire in 2014 or later. If it expires in 2013 get it renew now.

The way we do this is I will post each week the 4th - 11  and the 11th - 18th  I will post them with a delay for the RSVP until Oct 15th.   On that posting it will require a $100 deposit for a RSVP per person.  That deposit is refundable up till Nov. 1st ( note refunds may take a few days, money goes to Andrew's  account and he needs internet to issue refunds )

If we do not get enough people for both weeks we will need to sort out which week we can get a full group together, good chance I may be able to get a few people if needed.

The money you are paying will cover the cost of the boat, the food we buy for the boat and all the uptine taxes we pay for sailing over there.  The only cost to you are for any alcohol ( I can not provide due to liability reason on my Capt. license) Last year we sorted out in the group who was drinking and 8 people went in on a pool and bought tons of alcohol. I think the bill worked out to like $80/pp and they drunk a lot, and left like 4 bottles on the boat.  You will also need to pay for your airfare, transport on any of the islands we visit along with any food on the islands and a tip for your capt if you so chose.

Note: they require a $1000 cash deposit from me when renting the boat, which i will pay, this covers any damage to the boat and or broken items, This means if you  break it you pay for it, this includes driving the dingy (small boat we use to get ashore) you smash it you buy it. Note with all the partying I make it my job (since I don't drink) to get everyone to shore and back when they are done, so feel free to drink away. Also if you lose something on the boat ( like the parts to the coffee pot when you were cleaning it overboard) "andrew" they billed me for it. And everything in the islands cost more (stove top coffee pot $76 ) That got billed to me a week later.

I take full respond ability for the boat itself even if someone else is helping.

I will do a large amount of the cooking, so if you have any special request let me know. Note meat is WAY overprice down there.  Last year we flew a cooler in as someone checked baggage and filled it full of frozen meat from here.

All the food is paid for that we eat on the boat.  Any on shore food and all alcohol are up to you. We will go over the menu more when we narrow down the group.

Once we have a group set up i will email more details on packing ( hint make it light) and boat practices ( ie pick up after yourself right away) taking showers off the back of the boat. We don't waste water there, all water is expensive and we have to buy it when and if we can find it.

We fly in on Saturday, I most often fly in on Friday and get the boat ready, deal with the charter company and buy food, the group flys in on Sat, and 99% of the flights get in about 3 pm into St. Thomas Airport. The group can meet up and when you walk out of the Airport there is a line of "taxis" Large vans, you tell them you want to go to Red Hook Marina. Last time I was there it was $20 a person, The island Government sets the rates so no one gets ripped off.

Depending on what everyone wants to do and if they will let me keep the slip for the night, we will either leave about 6 and go just a few miles and drop anchor or if we can keep the slip, everyone will have a chance to go buy all the rum you can drink LOL and any last items you may want. the grocery store is within walking distance.

we will then head up the main channel and with some good sailing we will make it to Leinster Bay, some of the best snorkeling in the islands and the world, we will stay the night there.

http://www.stjohnbeac...

The next morning we will motor over to Soper's hole in the BVI and spend and hour or two there checking into the county and clearing customs, I will need everyone's passport and a few forms and I will hit the government office to take care of this will everyone else has to wait on the boat. We can then move out of there or if anyone wants after we clear in hit the shore and look around. Not many stores mostly a charter starting port for the BVI.  When we leave there we will head down to Norman Island, home of the famous Willy T's http://williamthornton.com/­

From here on over the next few days we wing it, its all about the weather and waves will be where we visit, we don't want to have a poor evening if the waves are rolling in on us. Some of the places we will be visiting: The soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke http://www.soggydolla... Foxys's bar also on Jost Van Dyke http://www.foxysbar.c...

After the group gets formed up we can go over what we want to do and plan the trip from there.

We will need to clear back into the USA on the following Friday in St. John, everyone will need to report for that, We will get back in at Red Hook the following morning at 8-9 am most flight leave out of St. Thomas around 3:30 or so. You are welcome to stay saturday night if you wish but will need to get a hotel room for it. Something we can talk about after we get the final group together.

I hope to hit a party area one night and then the next we will be in a nice beach area for a little rest and then onto the next party area, but this is up to the group, it's your trip so we will go where you want to go.

So feel free to contact me with ay questions you may have.

Cell / text  734-320-9382

Thank you

Capt. Robert Compton

NOTE I will copy this to the meet up message board also in case you want to past it on to someone or need another copy later.
Robert C.
user 12679532
Belleville, MI
Post #: 2
It is confirmed we are at the 1000/pp for the queen cabins and 700/pp 2 people max for the single cabins that you will be required to sleep on deck for.
Jess
user 53341342
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 1
I'm up for the $700 sleep on the trampoline one.
Robert C.
user 12679532
Belleville, MI
Post #: 3
See the last posting for cabin sharing too
Just in case, sleeping on deck is OK but having a cabin.to spread out your stuff is very nice to. Erica is looking foe a cabin mate

And there is only the two spots for $700 so be quick on sign up.