addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Ann Arbor Adventure Club Message Board › White Water Rafting - Fall Gauley WV Class IV and Class V rapids and a 14 fo

White Water Rafting - Fall Gauley WV Class IV and Class V rapids and a 14 foot waterfall - October

A former member
Post #: 2
I have a long weekend and I know it's short notice but wondering if anyone would be interested in a road trip this weekend for the Fall Gauley 10/6/12-10/8/12. I would like to leave either Friday or Saturday and raft Sunday and Monday or for another weekend in October.

For those who have never rafted, you would probably have to raft the New River Gorge on Sunday before you could raft the Gauley on Monday. They won't let you raft Gauley without some rafting experience. The Gauley is a series of class IV and class V rapids and there is a 14 foot waterfall you go over.

I have rafted with www.aceraft.com. I am not opposed to camping.
A former member
Post #: 4
In case anyone was interested I did end up rafting the upper Gauley twice on the 5th and went skydiving on the 7th. A great weekend! I should have asked if anyone wanted to highline off the New River Gorge Bridge on Bridge day tomorrow. Will try to organize something for Bridge Day weekend next year. Both myself and a friend are interested in Tandem Baseline jumping off the bridge or rappelling or high lining off the bridge. We will also be rafting the upper Gauley twice again that Friday.