Ann Arbor Adventure Club Message Board › New facebook group - AAAC Backpackers

New facebook group - AAAC Backpackers

Dylan C.
user 13815564
Ann Arbor, MI
Please join if you're interested in backpacking with meetup!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/AAACBackpackers/­
If you like hiking and camping, you would probably love backpacking! Apply a little enthusiasm and everything else is just details to work out. I've wanted to try this for a long time but I didn't get started until last year. I had many questions to answer before I felt confident enough to try backpacking: What do I need to buy to get started? How much can I carry in a pack? How far can I hike with all that stuff? I figured it out thanks to AAAC!
I'm creating this group as a forum for Ann Arbor Adventure Club members who are interested in backpacking. All are welcome, whether you're just getting started or you have backpacked for decades. This is a place to develop ideas for new backpacking adventures (and camping/hiking practice events) to post on meetup. You can also use this group to work out details of gear sharing, debate the virtues of going light vs. heavy, get recommendations on good and inexpensive backpacking gear, ask questions and give tips about what to pack, how to plan for contingencies, the best places to go, etc...