|A former member||
This company does not sponsor foreign visas
Location: Remote (US Nationwide)
Type: Full Time Employee
To be considered: Send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Limelight Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: LLNW) is the content delivery partner for thousands of entertainment, technology, enterprise, and government entities around the globe. Our customers include: Netflix, HBO, Amazon, Pokémon and thousands more.
Limelight Networks is seeking a DBA with previous experience managing and supporting Hadoop or Cassandra clusters in an enterprise setting. This is a full-time, salaried position.
• Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the datastores that support Limelight Networks' Content Delivery and SaaS platforms
• Assist in the execution of tactical operational infrastructure initiatives by building, deploying, and managing complex data stores and processes
Qualifications (Minimum Experience, Education, Training Skills):
• 2-4 yrs experience with medium-to-large scale Hadoop or Cassandra environment build and support including design, capacity planning, cluster set-up, performance tuning, and monitoring
• Manage and monitor Hadoop and/or Cassandra clusters and platform infrastructure, including experience in recovering from node failures and troubleshooting common cluster issues
• Experience in installing, administering, and supporting Linux operating systems and hardware in an enterprise environment
• Strong Unix/Linux/BSD system programming experience (Perl, Python, Bash, shell, etc).
• Ability to document environments, processes, and procedures for reference and/or training purposes
• Support development, QA, and production deployments
• Ability to exercise independent judgment to solve problems quickly and completely
• Self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects & work requests simultaneously
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• The ideal candidate has 2+ years managing and maintaining both Hadoop and Cassandra production clusters
• Strong understanding of Hadoop eco system such as HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Zookeeper, Pig, and Hive
• Prior experience and support of a traditional RDBMS, like MySQL, is desirable
• Deep Linux system administration/engineering knowledge
• Experience with system and/or database monitoring and backup solutions
• Experience with configuration management solutions such as: Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, etc.