Meet and collaborate online with others who share a passion for the scientific and philosophical exploration of cognition, intelligence, and consciousness relevant to humans, artificial intelligence (AI) systems, and advanced animals. Science and non-spiritualistic philosophy are the frameworks that guide our inquiries and discussions.
Is This Group for You?
To enjoy and benefit from participating in this group, you don't have to be a scientist or professional philosopher. If the following apply to you, you are a good candidate for our group:
• Genuinely interested in the group's focal topics (brain, mind, cognition, intelligence, consciousness, AI, etc.)
• Lifelong learner who is able and willing to review posted materials prior to each meeting and to participate in discussions
• Self-disciplined in civil discourse (trolling, proselytizing, and other overly dominating, aggressive, or abusive behaviors won't be tolerated)
• Local to greater Albuquerque, New Mexico, or able to maintain collaboration remotely, through our blog or by other technological means
• Additionally, it would benefit the group's learning and social objectives if you are able and willing occasionally to take the lead on preparing and facilitating a discussion or related event (relevant field trip or guest speaker, etc.).
Active Participation: You are welcome to be primarily a listener, but we'll all get more from our group if you put forward your own relevant questions, ideas, and understandings.
We plan to meet once per month for a discussion, lecture, field trip and an occasional social gathering.
For the benefit of a successful group experience, we require that you:
• be respectful and civil at all events and in all comments posted on this site or our primary collaboration site at http://albuquirky.net. This is not a fight club.
• to remain an active member of the group, access this website and RSVP (Yes or No) a minimum of once in a six (6) month period. If you do not, your membership will be removed. Members in good standing may rejoin at any time.
• be true to your RSVPs. If you RSVP "Yes" and you do not attend or call or text the host (preferably before the event start time), you are a "No-Show." Your membership will be reviewed and possibly canceled if you are a "No-Show" three (3) times without reasonable cause. If you RSVP "No", or if you do not RSVP, we are not expecting you and your absence will not cause an inconvenience.