Additional information about our group, Member responsibilities, and clarification of the role of Organizer:
Seattle Outdoor Adventurers (SOA) activities may involve certain dangers including but not limited to: hazards of travel in rugged terrain, physical stress, mental stress, inclement weather, and intended and unintended actions of other Members and Organizers.
Participating Members agree to the following statements:
Tips on preparing for a safe outing:
- I am physically capable of safely participating in SOA events which I join.
- I am equipped with the appropriate gear and clothing for SOA events which I join. If not, I have pre-arranged required gear with the Organizer.
- I hold responsibility for my own safety while participating in SOA events which I join.
- I assume all risks while participating in SOA events which I join.
- SOA is not a guide service.
- SOA Organizers are not guides.
- Per Meetup.com's Terms of Service Agreement, SOA organizers are released from all forms of liability related to SOA events.
- I am 18-years-old or older. Note: Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Before venturing into our state's amazing backcountry check the Weather Forecast
. During winter, spring, and early summer, check the Avalanche Forecast
If you're new to Washington state, be advised that Search and Rescue teams are busy year-round assisting lost, injured, and/or ill-equipped backcountry recreationists. You can increase your chances of a safe outing by equipping yourself with (and knowing how to use) the Ten Essentials
. The Mountaineers
offer an excellent low-cost hands-on navigation training course which teaches backcountry map and compass use.
Your feedback is important and welcomed!
If you have any questions or comments about our group you're welcome to email the main organizer or post your question or comment on our group's Message Board
. It is our Members and Organizers who make this group a great one so thank you for making it one of Seattle's best!