(Event is cross-posted with Seattle Singles and will fill up fast).
75 DEGREES and SUNNY on TUESDAY.
GROUP A - Kayaking 5:30 - 6:45 pm (Max of 16 people)
This is our 6th time on the lake. Cross-posted w other groups so sign-up fast. Guys too! Great for BEGINNERS and experienced paddlers.! Joe is a great guide. Recommended for 35+ years old, but as always, open to all
* * This event signup is for KAYAKING. If you are just interested in PICNIC, signup on OTHER POSTED EVENT * *
GROUP B - Evening Potluck Picnic, starting at 6:30 pm, open to all. Group B could get things started. Group A (kayakers) will meet you all there at 6:45 or 7. Bring your own food and drink and picnic blanket, frisbee if you have it. NO GRILL, just picnic.
KAYAKERS, Meet at NWOC, 5:20 pm
PICNIC'ers, Meet at LEFT side of Gasworks, past the bathrooms and children play area. Big, flat field with water views to east and south. (GROUP A: Kayakers should arrive to picnic around 6:45 - 7 pm). (whoever is doing picnic-only, I need 1 volunteer to bring an UMBRELLA, to make easy for group to find).
Joe Staiano,[masked], (only avail after kayaking (6:45 pm)
NOTE for kayaking, max is 16. (cross-posted with Seattle Singles and Seattle Singles). Will have mix of double & single kayaks.
KAYAKING COST: Approx $11 per person sharing double. $17 for single.
BE AWARE: Construction around south end of Lake Union causes delays.
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS:
- OK for first-timers
- Kayaks, paddles, life jackets included.
- Bring: Water, Sun cream, sun hat, DRY shirt / shorts for picnic afterwards
- NWOC has bathrooms and changing rooms
- Answer RSVP question
* Great warm-up for Meaningful Trip kayak, snorkel, whale-watch trip in BAJA, Mexico in Feb 1-9, 2014. Meetup Members get $100 off! www.MeaningfulTrip.com