addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
This Meetup is cancelled

One night at BLANCA LAKE

  • Laughing Ladies Cafe

    17551 - 15th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA (map)

    47.757021 -122.313475

  • look for me
  • more details to follow but a sunday/monday 1 night hike to blanca lake to backpack in luxury...some wine, the stars, eat gourmet, time to circle the lake, swim, relax...

    im thinking sunday so hopefully we'll own the place that night. i can work whatever days i want so i like to hike off hours/days to avoid crowds.

    if you havent seen this lake its a turquoise jewel, seriously. and a hard but short uphill hike. a good distance on hwy 2 as well...

    not sure about campsites, number of tent spots, permits etc yet...

    i will be bringing my dog so friendly controllable dogs are welcome

Join or login to comment.

  • Rob I

    i know it IS too bad. amazing how it goes from summer to fall overnight here. if the weather wasnt shitty on the whole west side of the state (i looked) id just change locations... so if anyone wants to suggest somewhere else (thats not too hard and i can take a dog) im open to it (and to making it sat/sun) - otherwise im gonna try again next weekend maybe

    September 16, 2011

  • Rob I

    well people, in my humble opinion, the weather this weekend has rendered this pointless. my intent was to get better pictures than the last time i went (clouded over that time), get around the lake, bask in the warmth, swim, etc. this isnt gonna happen so im going to cancel this...

    September 15, 2011

  • Rob I

    i checked the weather the other day and it wasnt supposed to rain...but now its turned :( i cant lie, there's no point in going up if its all cloudy and raining (it was cloudy last time i went, so i want to go with no clouds this time for better pictures...)

    September 13, 2011

  • Mike

    Crystal, here's a good description It's almost 4mi and 3000' in and it's pretty steep. Forecast calls for rain. We'll see later in the week. I'll either go Sun for the day or Sat for the night - or not at all if it's rainy

    September 13, 2011

  • Crystal

    This sounds great - but probably do a day hike as well. How long on avg is the hike?

    September 11, 2011

  • Rob I

    the last obstacle: weather!

    September 5, 2011

  • Rob I

    trail reports says ALL CLEAR!

    September 5, 2011


Our Sponsors

  • Meaningful Trip

    $500 off a Meaningful Trip.

  • Miyar Adventures

    15% Discount on all Travel Packages Either Domestic or International

  • Get In The Wild

    Extraordinary Adventure in Wildest Places! $150 discount for SAO Members

  • Peak7

    Meaningful outdoor youth volunteer opportunities for SAO members.

  • JN CNC

    Precision cut Seahawks signs with LED. $175 tax included.

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy