|Sent on:||Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:17 PM|
The long-awaited Great Saunter is this Saturday, so below are a few additional details to keep in mind:
What to Bring/Wear:
- Lunch/snacks & water canteen (we’ll probably make a stop or two for food along the way, but please pack reserves)
- Comfortable sneakers and extra socks
- Umbrella (Temps should be ~70F with a chance of rain toward the evening)
- We’ll gather at 11:00 AM at 138th and start walking north at 11:15 AM, sticking to the Great Saunter mapped route provided on their website
- We’ll complete as many miles as we can, with frequent breaks. You (and I) can drop out at any time, if necessary.
*I will e-mail my cell number to those on the RSVP list Friday evening.*
NOTE: I don’t usually check my phone while engaged in activity, so please don’t count on texting beyond the start time to figure out how to catch up with us. Check the train schedule for the weekend to ensure you arrive on time, friends!