Why are there size limits on our hikes?
There are limits for various reasons:
Some of the factors that determine the size limit on a hike are:
· Type of trails and terrain
· Parking limitations
· Amount of pre-scouting carried out by the organizers
· Park's restrictions on group sizes
Number of organizers/leaders/sweeps vs.amount of participants
· Time of year
Due to the size limits it is imperative that all members follow the RSVP guidelines outlined below:
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE TO YOUR ORGANIZER AND OTHERS BY KEEPING UP WITH YOUR RSVP STATUS
Being a 'No show' or holding spots until the last minute then not attending is not only rude, but impacts the ability for other members (that can commit to attending) from coming. If this happens repeatedly it could lead to removal from the group.
Good RSVP/attendance etiquette
· It is courteous to accept or decline an invitation within a few days of receiving it. This helps with event planning and provides valuable feedback to the organizers.
· You should update your RSVP as soon as your plans change. If that's within 24 hours of the event, you should also contact the organizer personally via email (contact link under organizers photo) or phone.
· If you RSVPed 'Yes', you show up to the event. If you can't show up, change your RSVP accordingly and explain to the Organizer why you couldn't attend.
· If you RSVPed 'No', you should not attend the event, unless you change your RSVP to 'Yes' if space allows.
· If you RSVPed 'Maybe', you are required to change your RSVP to 'Yes' or 'No' at least 4 days before the event. You should change your 'Maybe' to a 'No' as soon as possible in the event you are not able to attend so that others may plan to go.
Note: Maybe's may be changed by the organizer to a 'No' to make room for others to attend.
· What do I do if there is no space and would like to attend?
· We now have a waiting list you can put yourself on. Once a spot opens up it automatically puts the next
person waiting in. The site will automatically send you an email letting you know you're attendance has been
converted to a "yes."
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REVIEW OUR RSVP AND ATTENDANCE ETIQUETTE POLICY!!!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|RSVP and ATTENDANCE ETIQUETTE||October 22, 2008 10:44 AM||former member|
|About NJ/NY Hiking, Cycling and Kayaking||July 30, 2008 8:29 AM||former member|