We are comfirmed:
Hi Gabriele, you and your 5 guests have permission to access Scenic Hot Springs on Saturday the 11th of January 2014 all day during daylight hours. Carry a copy of this email as proof of legal access. The trail does have snow. You will have to use our Winter parking area. We highly recommend some sort of extra traction device to be worn on your boots. To have a most enjoyable time, dress appropriately for the weather, bring plenty of drinking water with you (or a filter), some food, and a towel. A large plastic trash bag to keep your belongings dry is also not a bad idea. Have an awesome visit! Cheers, Matt.
IMPORTANT: Please read information thouroughly.
ALL ATTENDING PLEASE SIGN UP FOR SNOWSHOE HIKE ON DECEMBER 17, 2013
- I have rented the pool area exclusively for this group. I wil post the exact starting time closer to the event date and when I know how far it is to drive. It will be an early rise to have a save hike up- an down-hill, but also enjoy the pool as long as we can.
- If you have all the qualifications and are willing to to do a snowshoe event, please make a comment in the comment section.
- It is a strenuous hike to the hot springs. Please be in physical shape and have participated in a shnowshoe experience with me.
- If you have signed up for his event NOT participated in a snowshoe trip with me, you cannot come to this event.
- If you have knee or ankle problems, this hike is not for you.
NO EXCEPTIONS and NO REFUND GIVEN
Necessary equipment per Scenic Hot Springs rules:
The 10 backpacking essentials:
1) Practice layering of your clothing. Do not wear cotton as cotton, wet, saps body heat. Wear a hat and gloves, as needed.
2) Carry three days worth of food. Keep yourself hydrated.
3) Carry at least three different ways of lighting a fire in an emergency.
4) Carry your cell phone. Cell phones often work at the hot springs site.
5) Snow can get very deep at Scenic during the height of winter, making snowshoes an essential.
- This is a super popular trip. The tickets have to be purchased in advance so I expect total commitment from the participants till the event is over. End time is unknown and unplanned so that we can enjoy the day fully and go with the flow of the group. Be commitment free.
- Clothing optional means that there will be nudity, even though you might wear a swim suit. Please be comfortable with this situation and restpectful to others.
- This trip requires 2 winter save cars and experienced drivers. We have 10 peeps coming and the cars should seat 5 peeps and gear each. It will be a bit tight, but we will make frequent stops to stretch our legs, get coffee/breakfast and/or take pictures.
- Additional cost: Cash for gas money
- Option: we may go out for dinner if time allows