House on Fire!!

From: Kevin Michael S.
Sent on: Saturday, April 7, 2012 8:34 AM

Hey Everyone,

   My place on Hermosa Beach caught fire last night while I was out at dinner with friends.  Although my new puppy (Photograph Attached) was inside, along with all of my photographs on 22 External Hard Drives, massive computer system and $100,000 of photography & lighting equipment that almost melted, its fortunately all in tact (and my puppy is ok) due to my brave neighbor busting through the locked door with a fire extinguisher and putting it out before it spread throughout the entire beach house, and before the fire department arrived on scene.  Those Easter Bunnies must be looking out for me! 

  I would strongly suggest this as a lesson that all photographers have equipment insurance in a personal articles policy to cover a situation like this.  Also, I would highly recommend that you backup your imagery on external hard drives and back those up to a secondary set of external hard drives that are stored at an alternate location. I have over 2 million photographs that I have taken and my entire life's work could have been lost! 

 

Sincerely, Kevin Michael Schmitz                              Represented by AA Reps, Inc.   LA[masked]              Mike Mendelsohn NY[masked]            380 Lexington Ave 17th Floor   New York, NY 10168 [address removed]                    [address removed] www.KevinSchmitz.com                    www.aareps.com   |   [masked] x 111

 

 

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy