Alliance Française of Dupage County Message Board › AF DuPage - month of July 2011

AF DuPage - month of July 2011

Charles
user 4862196
Group Organizer
Naperville, IL
Bonjour à tous!

I hope your summer is starting off well! As the nicer days are upon us, I realize it is tempting to enjoy the outdoors, that being said, you won't want to forget the opportunities you have to speak French and enjoy the company of friends at the AF DuPage. July 2011 will allow you to do just that with several different locations and venues. The highlight of which will be our annual Bastille Day picnic at Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville (off IL-56/Butterfield Road). Please check www.meetup.com/afdupage for the most up-to-date calendar of this month's events.

Looking ahead... AF DuPage will be taking part in a flea market at the end of August in Aurora where our members will be selling handmade items (arts and crafts) as a fundraising effort for the Alliance. Should you be interested in creating items for the fundraiser, please contact me directly via Meetup or via email (charles.coulon@gmail.com) and I will put you in touch with Monique Davoust who is coordinating the efforts for this flea market sale.

Looking forward to seeing you soon at an upcoming AFD event. Bon été et à bientôt!

Charles
Mary S.
user 15956441
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 1
Bonjour, Charles!
I'd like to donate some crafts for the flea market - please put me in touch w/ Monique, thanks.

Also, Cantigny Park in Winfield is holding their annual French Connection day 8/14 from 9-3; will this also be on the agenda? If not, that might make a fun outing close to home! The Park is lovely, especially in summer, with its many gardens and lovely buildings.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!
-Mary S.