Alliance Française of Dupage County Message Board › Updates from Alliance Francaise de DuPage
I hope 2012 is off to a good start for all of you. Winter has officially arrived with a lovely white carpet in the Chicago area, and we are still active here at the AF to give you a wide variety of programming to fill in "les longues soirees d'hiver". I've just updated www.meetup.com/afdupage with our latest, upcoming events.
Aside from our normal conversation groups, here are a few highlights of what's to come in the weeks ahead:
- a special Folk Dance night ahead of Mardi Gras.
- a chocolate tasting event in Geneva
- a Book Club series during select Thursdays in Feb/March - exact dates TBA but will be announced soon
- a visit to COD's new Culinary Arts Center
- and more - stay tuned. And remember that if you become an AFD member, you will receive invitations to more, exclusive events. Something worth looking into if you haven't made a New Year resolution yet!
Please note that if the weather decides not to cooperate for any event during the winter months, a notice to cancel the event will be made by noon on that same day, using National Weather Service warnings and school district closings as a guideline to cancel the event. We hope not to have to use this too often, but as they say in southern France, "le temps, ca ne se commande pas".....
Autre chose, for film aficionados, I wanted to direct you to this interesting, web-based film festival going on right now, organized by the French Ministere des Affaires Etrangeres.... www.myfrenchfilmfestival.com
Looking forward to seeing you at an event soon.