January 23, 2013 · 5:45 PM
This location is shown only to members
Impact Mapping is a technique for relating software development activities to their business objectives. Depending on your need, you can use Impact Maps to:
* Confirm the scope of IT initiatives, projects and high level requirements.
* Validate Innovate new features (think Lean Start-up)
* Evaluate alternative approaches to achieving a business objective
* Determine if a feature actually achieved its intended business objective
The focus of this session will be on getting some experience with Impact Mapping. The session will provide a quick overview of Impact Mapping and then break into teams of 4-6 to build Impact Maps.
This session will cover:
* Building a basic Impact Map
* Identifying and verifying the assumptions in your Impact Map
* Using your Impact Map to explore alternatives.
* The presenter will be bringing an example business situation. However, groups are free to bring/use a business example from their own domain. Several people from Silverpop will be there to provide coaching to the teams.
Bio - Robert Sellers Smith
As the Director of Quality Assurance at Silverpop, Sellers is leading improvements in Silverpops software testing process, including implementing test automation with FitNesse. Previously he has worked as Director of Engineering, Software Architect and Software Engineer on a variety of Internet based projects and companies. In the 80s and 90s, Sellers worked on a variety of large government and DoD system development and integration projects. Sellers was part of the team the developed the Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP-PMI) certification for PMI and is a Certified Scrum Practitioner and Project Management Professional. Sellers holds a Master's In Software Engineering and Business Administration.