Atlanta Scrum Users Group Message Board › IPSwitch is looking for Senior C#/C++ Developers in Alpharetta, GA
About Ipswitch, Inc.: Ipswitch develops and markets innovative IT software that is easy to learn and use. More than 100 million people worldwide use Ipswitch software to monitor their networks with Ipswitch WhatsUp®, transfer files over the Internet using the market leading WS_FTP® and MOVEit brands of secure and managed file transfer clients and servers and communicate via Ipswitch IMailTM Server.
Ipswitch provides a stimulating, productive and enjoyable work environment that stresses honesty, integrity and open-mindedness. We will support initiative, creativity and individual growth. We will distribute responsibility broadly throughout the organization to those with the knowledge and perspective to make decisions and take action. We will live by and support our values. Per our employees, it really is a great place to work.
Ipswitch, Inc. is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts with offices in Atlanta, GA; Augusta, GA; Madison, WI; Livonia, MI; American Fork, UT; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; and Tokyo, Japan. For more information on Ipswitch or any of the three divisions, please visit www.ipswitch.com
Design, develop, document and maintain high-quality software on-time that meets and/or exceeds requirements.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
Analyze requirements for new products/product enhancements
· Produce designs based on the analysis. Implement the designs into a complete product
· Design, develop, integrate, deliver and maintain high quality software applications using the latest technologies and innovations in a timely manner.
· Provide timely and accurate estimates for assigned tasks
· Ensure that development is completed per RFC standards.
· Thoroughly test code and overall application, and document appropriately.
· Thoroughly document changes and/or new features to software in a consistent, concise manner
· Strong multi-tasking abilities including a “big-picture” understanding of priorities and impacts, and proven experience in juggling and completing tasks.
· Provide input to documentation to help them write documentation that is both complete and accurate
· Provide input to testing to aid them in thorough testing
· Research new technologies and provide management with
input as to the benefits/downfalls. Function as subject matter expert.
· Diligently share knowledge with others through teaching and/or counseling
· Provide assistance to other developers on design and development issues
Education and/or Experience:
· BBS in Computer Science or related field
At least 4 years of most recent experience in Java and JEE technologies for development of high-performance, secure, server-side components involving:
Networking: Web Services, Sockets, TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP, REST
Security: SSL, LDAP-based authentication, Proxy servers
Languages: Java (JEE technologies including Java Web Services, JSP, Servlets, XML), C++
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, and (optionally) Solaris
Best practices in software engineering, system integration, and development of secure applications
Database: SQL, OLAP or RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
Experience of integration with ‘Business Intelligence’ tools will be beneficial.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Significant and proven creative problem solving skills.
Ability to work independently and in a team (co-located or dispersed.). Experience in Agile-Scrum methodology will be beneficial.
High degree of motivation, technical competence, aptitude to learn new things quickly,
'Can-do' attitude to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
Benefits: Ipswitch provides their employees a comprehensive full benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, fitness and wellness benefits. We value our employees and provide you a unique working environment to harvest your talents. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team.
Ipswitch, Inc. has been named one of the Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2010 in the greater Boston area. It is an exciting time at Ipswitch! We would like to have you join our team!!!
Please apply to the link below
Mike Walters | Senior Recruiting Consultant
100 North Point Center East, Suite 560, Alpharetta, GA 30022
Edited by Mike Walters on Apr 25, 2011 2:55 PM