Atlanta Scrum Users Group Message Board › Agile Tester Position at VersionOne - Alpharetta
If you truly want to make a difference in the software development industry, VersionOne may be your new home. We were founded in 2002 with a mission of changing the face of software development --- imagine a world with no more software death marches, no more "waterfall" catastrophes, and no more software secrets. As one of Atlanta's most innovative, fastest growing software companies, we pride ourselves on hiring only the best to help us in our quest.
If an open, high-tech office environment with ping pong, pool, foosball, a kegerator, nerf guns, an outdoor patio, chili cook-offs, cornhole, Wii, massage chairs, theme parties, and the company's own custom bar are not your cup of tea, you might not want to work here. But if any of this floats your boat, you might be missing one of the best opportunities of your life by not working here.
We're looking for developers with skills straddling the science of analysis and the art of creating simple, elegant solutions. Continuing on the path to building an elite development team, VersionOne is looking for developer talent to join our product team.
• Collaboration with product owner and developers during story inception and development
• Manual and exploratory testing of in-progress and completed stories
• Automation of acceptance tests
• Development of other adhoc testing tools as needed
• Defect investigation and confirmation
• Continuous expansion of the depth and breadth of product testing
• Maintenance of testing platforms
• Performance Testing
• Load Testing
Qualified candidates need to have a supportive and collaborative mindset while possessing excellent analytical and evaluation skills. Training in exploratory or agile testing skills is a plus. Ability to work in a fast-paced, open environment is a must. Excellent communication skills are also a must to work effectively in our environment.
At a minimum, the candidate should have experience with the following:
• Broad experience with automation tools and languages (both commercial and open-source)
• CI environment maintenance and development (e.g. Team City, Cruise Control)
• Minimum 1 year in an Agile software development environment
• Minimum 5 years in software testing
• BA or BS in a related field
Please apply to www.versionone.com/careers
Edited by Rebecca Hannold on Jun 14, 2012 8:47 AM
Great work environment i must say..... a very rare thing when it comes to agile software development industry