Atlanta Scrum Users Group Message Board › Agile Test Engineer Opening Atlanta - Contract to hire
|A former member||
Our client located in the perimeter area of Atlanta is looking for an Agile Tester. Right now, this is 85% manual testing but should move to 50/50 manual and automated testing in the near future.
6 month contract to hire opportunity. Email me (Chris) at ccoffee [at] choicetechgroup.com for more information.
The Agile Test Engineer supports an agile team in analyzing, designing, building and testing high-quality solutions that meet customer expectations. The Agile Test Engineer leverages product analysis, software testing and quality engineering practices throughout the entire agile delivery lifecycle. The Agile Test Engineer also uses various software engineering and testing tools to validate functionality and execute tests. The Agile Test Engineer is responsible for supporting the department’s concurrent (in-cycle) testing strategy. This role collaborates closely with a co-located team of Product Managers, Business Analysts and Software Engineers. A professional demeanor, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively within a team environment are essential.
Candidates must demonstrate experience leading software testing efforts and creating test strategies for product initiatives. In addition to being highly skilled in analysis, candidates must demonstrate a strong understanding of software test design, test execution and engineering practices. Candidates must also be an expert in quality assurance methodologies and multiple test approaches. An understanding of automated testing concepts and exposure to off-the-shelf or open source test automation tools is a must. This is a hands-on, technical position, so candidates must demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude, some programming ability and excellent problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Analyze user stories and technical requirements for validity, feasibility and technical soundness
• Identify gaps and weaknesses in user stories, technical requirements and acceptance criteria
• Evaluate technical designs from a holistic viewpoint to ensure they are comprehensive and well-engineered
• Use methodical and repeatable processes to verify releases meet quality standards before launch
• Apply Quality Assurance principles throughout the agile product design and implementation to identify defect and design flaws
Test Case Design
• Create new acceptance criteria and enhance existing acceptance criteria on user stories
• Decompose user stories, technical requirements, and business rules and extract positive and negative test scenarios
• Design functional and non-functional test cases that verify requirements and validate functionality
• Support test automation efforts by designing test scripts and executing automated tests
Test Case Execution
• Execute functional testing within an Agile delivery model: Functional testing (primarily White Box), Smoke testing, Component testing, System testing, Regression testing and Integration testing
• Execute non-functional testing within and Agile delivery model: Installation testing, Compatibility testing, Interoperability testing, Reliability/Stability testing and Data Conversion & Migration testing
• Demonstrate leadership in developing test strategies, managing and prioritizing test execution efforts so aggressive rollout deadlines are met
• Work proactively to identify and mitigate project risks which impact quality
• Tollgate the defect management process so that quality goals and customer expectations are satisfied
• 6+ years’ experience testing web-based or mobile applications
• 4+ years’ experience applying software Quality Assurance methodologies
• 1+ years hands-on application or web development experience, preferably in Ruby
• 1+ years Test Automation experience
• 4+ years’ experience writing and executing SQL statements (both simple and complex) to perform data verification
• 4+ years using various software engineering tools (ex. Source control systems, IDEs, database query and analyzer tools, browser plugins, PuTTY, soapUI)
• 2+ years working in an Agile software development environment (preferably SCRUM), or similar experience working in a co-located, highly collaborative, team environment
• Very strong business analysis, system analysis or product analysis skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Experience with open source test automation tools like Cucumber, Watir, FitNesse or Selenium
• Experience using Agile Team collaboration tools like Mingle, Rally or VersionOne
Tags: Agile, tester, SQL, SCRUM, Cucumber, Watir, FitNesse, Selenium, Mingle, Rally, VersionOne, test, QA Tester, Test Engineer, Agile Scrum
Our client is a start-up technology company in Atlanta focused on helping wholesale marketplace participants identify, communicate and transact with trading partners. The business will leverage technologies, capabilities and assets from the wholesale and retail segments to help customers to find what they need and to trade more efficiently and effectively than would otherwise be possible.
I'd be glad to help. Agile distributed's successes are testimony to the fact that we have always contributed to our clients achieving the final out come. We emphasize on collaboration and a perfect toolset to make agile software development and it's testing simpler , easier and better for you. Thus we give you a comprehensive solution for all your agile need.