add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Atlanta Scrum Users Group Message Board › How do you handle mixed development and QA time in an agile way?

How do you handle mixed development and QA time in an agile way? (Without hurting either of them!)

Michael C.
Alpharetta, GA
Post #: 5
If you have a scrum team with a mix of dev and QA working collaboratively, is there a best-practice way of handling the fact that QA work typically is dependent on dev work?

If the team gets a set of stories for the sprint, there will be some lead time while development is actually coding the story before QA can get their hands on it. Other than preparing by figuring out what TO test, how do you handle the downtime QA might have while dev works on it?

Some things I've seen or read about are:

* Have dev work on pieces of a story that can be tested before the whole enchilada is finished.
* Have the QA sprint boundries be a different time period than dev (and offset to be a little later)
* Partition off some final piece of the sprint that is devoted only to testing and bug fixing (i.e., "dev work" has to be done before that time)

What's worked or not worked for you?
Al S.
user 3329142
Roswell, GA
Post #: 6
Here is a video I make a while ago title "How I story test my Agile projects".­
user 87365412
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
I think the second - Have the QA sprint boundaries on a different time period than dev. Looks like a decent and effective approach.

agile software development