Atlanta Scrum Users Group Message Board › Scrum Master Opportunity - Atlanta, GA
Hi all - I am actively looking for a Scrum Master in the Atlanta area. Please call or email me for additional details - email@example.com / 770-416-2308
Contract – 1-3 Year Contract
The Scrum Master will play a significant role in helping to move our client's team from a Waterfall environment to an Agile environment. He or she will be responsible for managing an agile based SDLC process for a large software development initiative and project team consisting of Development resources and Quality Assurance Analysts. This person will also work closely with Business Analysts and Project Management to ensure the Development and Quality Assurance teams have clearly defined requirements.
• Mange the Agile based SDLC for the development organization.
• Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
• Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Utilize TFS and Excel toolsets to accomplish the following:
o Plan sprints
o Plan releases
o Track assignments against tasks – developers and their projected start and stop dates, business analysts and their projected start and stop dates, quality assurance engineers and their projected start and stop dates, business analyst review dates (and schedule them), quality assurance review dates (and schedule them). Report on these items daily.
o Track progress against developers and their projected start and stop dates, business analysts and their projected start and stop dates, quality assurance engineers and their projected start and stop dates, business analyst review dates (and schedule them), quality assurance review dates (and schedule them). Report on these items daily.
o Maintain and publish calendar of resource availability.
o Maintain and publish calendar of resource availability, scheduled hours, and available hours.
o Utilizing TFS and Excel toolsets reassign work as necessary – whether due to unanticipated resource unavailability or tardiness of work assignments, etc.
o Daily reporting of remaining hours, assigned hours, in progress hours, yet to be started hours, and slack hours.
• Ensure the development teams are practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
• Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
• Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practices.
• Support the Development and Quality Assurance teams.
• Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal.
• Facilitate discussions and conflict resolution.
• Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible.
• Adapt project plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout pilot projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
• 5+ years of experience functioning in a Scrum and Project Management capacity.
• In depth experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) is required.
• 2-4 years of experience working with an Agile methodology on development projects.
• Ability to understand technical issues at a high level.
• Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment.
• Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
• Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential.
• Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
• Must be collaborative in driving decisions.
• Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
• Excellent team player and team builder.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment.